Editor’s Note: If you haven’t already, give yourself the gift of getting Under The Gold Dome in your mailbox daily. It’s free. Subscribe here.
Compiled by STATE BILL COLORADO
UP TODAY: These bills.
OF SPECIAL NOTE: The Long Appropriations Bill, 7:30 a.m., House Appropriations.
THIS YEAR’S LONG BILL TOPPED OUT AT 546 PAGES, but that’s still no excuse to print it all out. No doubt, however, that there are 1,000 copies floating around up here.
AFTER RULING, AMAZON WON’T SAY if it’ll come back to Colorado.
SQUARELY IN THE MIDDLE OF RODEO-QUEEN FIASCO: Former Sen. Steve Johnson.
A NOTE TO SUBSCRIBERS: There’s lots of great competitive intelligence in the new lobbyist and principal (client) data that’s being incorporated throughout the State Bill Colorado website. In today’s Virtual Bill Box, you’ll see new buttons that identify lobbyists and principals filing for the first time: 2 new lobbyists, and 4 new principals. Those are in addition to color-coded push-button reports added earlier this week on 1) lobbyists; 2) lobbyists by bill; and 3) principals. Please know that more enhancements are coming, including data delivery through your Bill Alerts as well as in your Bill Reports. This market-leading data set is being delivered to you on a near real-time basis, increasing its usefulness. Time = money.
BESIDES SCOTT GESSLER, SOMEBODY ELSE IS REALLY HAPPY AROUND HERE: Eighth-grade class from Crowley County enjoys tour of capitol.
FIVE QUESTIONS for Mike Miles.
WOULD TRADE HEATH FOR LUNDBERG ‘IN A HEARTBEAT:’ Polis challenger Eric Weissmann.
MOVING ON: Job skills training bill.
MOVING ON: Scaled-back video lottery terminal bill.
UP FOR THIRD READING: Juvenile direct-file ban bill.
SET TO LAUNCH: School finance bill.
SALVAGED: Colorado tourism budget.
RESURRECTED: Inactive voter mailing bill.
HAT IN: Tony Exum, Democrat, HD-17.
GOOD THING WE GOT THIS CLARIFIED, BECAUSE I WASN’T COMPLETELY SURE: “I’m Joe Coors and I am not a beer.”
NEW CANDIDATE COMMITTEES TODAY: Erickson House 63, Friends of Beth Humenik, Russ Lyman for HD-12, Morton Brooks, Friends of Mary Dambman, Plagainos4Senate.com. You’ll soon be asked to donate.
FOLLOW YOUR FAVORITE LICENSE-PLATE BILL on State Bill’s “Plate Progress” report.
THE[NEWS]SEEN is looking for fun events to photograph. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUBSCRIBERS: Get your election fix with our real-time election alerts. Go here and Filter: Subject > Elections
YESTERDAY’S BILL ROUNDUP FOR STATE BILL SUBSCRIBERS, COURTESY OUR VIRTUAL BILL BOX:
* Introduced bills
* Signed bills
* Bills acted upon
* New fiscal notes
* Bill amendments
* New bill versions
* Day’s archived audio
* Day’s archived video
* New lobbyists
* New principals
BUSY DAY FOR THE EXECUTIVE BRANCH:
* 10 a.m. – Gov. Hickenlooper will make his monthly appearance on 850-AM KOA’s The Mike Rosen Show.
* 10 a.m. – Lt. Gov. Garcia will deliver remarks at the University of Colorado Denver Business School’s Center for Commodities launch. Location: CU Denver Business School, 1475 Lawrence St., Denver.
* 11:30 a.m. – Gov. Hickenlooper will deliver remarks at the Colorado Mortgage Lenders Association’s 21st Annual Lenders Fair and the Rocky Mountain Mortgage Lenders Expo. Location: Marriott Denver Tech Center, 4900 S. Syracuse St., Denver.
* 12:45 p.m. – Gov. Hickenlooper will deliver remarks at the Celebrating Civic Leadership Luncheon. Location: Denver Marriott City Center, 1701 California St., Denver.
* 2:30 p.m. – Lt. Gov. Garcia will attend the Colorado Commission on Higher Education meeting. Location: Old Supreme Court Chambers, State Capitol, Denver.
CORRECTION FROM THE SOCIAL EDITOR
We incorrectly said this reception would be tonight, but it’s actually next Thursday. If you show up tonight, @timwjackson might put you to work.
* Colorado Assisted Living Association Legislative Reception, 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m., Colorado Automobile Dealers Association Office 290 East Speer Boulevard, Denver. Contact : Corky Kyle 303-263-5422
BIG SOCIAL CALENDAR WARNING: Nothing’s planned after April 17. Must be baseball season again.
THEY’RE DOING WHO KNOWS WHAT out on the West Steps today: 11:30 AM 5:30 PM, New Elm Production, 4 people. Whatever’s going on out there, please keep it clean.
Send tips for this column to email@example.com.