Editor’s Note: If you haven’t already, give yourself the gift of getting Under The Gold Dome in your mailbox daily. It’s free. Subscribe here.
Compiled by STATE BILL COLORADO
THESE BILLS ARE UP TODAY on our quick-look calendar.
UP AT THE SAME TIME: Immigrant tuition and early childhood literacy bills.
SAYING GOVERNOR ISN’T PROACTIVE enough to help victims of the Lower North Fork Fire, Republicans want to create a commission to pay the fire victims.
OUCH! @RepClaireLevy yesterday sent this Tweet, “JBC didn’t meet Friday so Becker could attend a press conf on a bike race. Guess meeting the president of the USA doesn’t rate #coleg”
PRIVILEGE AND PRESERVATION IN THE CORPORATE SETTING: Davis Graham & Stubbs partner Andrea Wang will be presenting a free CLE program with ethics credits anticipated for in-house lawyers on how to avoid communication pitfalls in the digital age. The program is co-sponsored with Law Week Colorado. 7:30 – 9:00 a.m., Thursday, April 26, Davis Graham & Stubbs LLP, 1550 17th Street, Suite 500 Denver, CO 80202.
MOVING ON: Sales tax holiday bill.
MOVING ON: Business retention bill.
MOVING ON: Identify key industries bill.
MOVING ON: Small business electric-charging facilities bill.
FOLLOW YOUR FAVORITE LICENSE-PLATE BILL on State Bill’s “Plate Progress” report.
THE[NEWS]SEEN is looking for fun events to photograph. Email: email@example.com
SUBSCRIBERS: Get your election fix with our real-time election alerts. Go here and Filter: Subject > Elections
YESTERDAY’S BILL ROUNDUP FOR STATE BILL SUBSCRIBERS, COURTESY OUR VIRTUAL BILL BOX:
* Introduced bills
* Signed bills
* Bills acted upon
* New fiscal notes
* Bill amendments
* New bill versions
* Day’s archived audio
* Day’s archived video
* New lobbyists
* New principals
HICKENLOOPER/GARCIA PUBLIC EVENTS TODAY
* 10 a.m. – Gov. Hickenlooper and Lt. Gov. Garcia will join the Colorado Legacy Foundation to announce the Colorado Legacy Schools Program funded by the National Math and Science Initiative. Location: West Foyer, State Capitol, Denver.
* 12:30 p.m. – Gov. Hickenlooper will deliver remarks at the Wirth Chair Sustainability Awards Luncheon. Location: Hyatt Regency Denver, 650 15th St., Denver.
* 3 p.m. – Lt. Gov. Garcia will deliver remarks at the Hispanic Chamber’s Hispanic Leadership Development Program. Location: Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, 924 W. Colfax Ave., Denver.
* 5:45 p.m. – Gov. Hickenlooper and Lt. Gov. Garcia will attend the History Colorado Center’s Grand Opening Celebration Dinner. Both will deliver remarks. Location: History Colorado, 1200 Broadway, Denver.
TODAY’S SOCIAL CALENDAR
* Colorado Beer Caucus Reception, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., The University Club, 1673 Sherman Street, Denver. Contact: Jeff Weist 720-379-3623 firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTHING ON THE WEST STEPS THIS WEEK. These apparently are the dog days of spring.
Send tips for this column to email@example.com.