Editor’s Note: If you haven’t already, give yourself the gift of getting Under The Gold Dome in your mailbox daily. It’s free. Subscribe here.
Compiled by STATE BILL COLORADO
UP TODAY: State seniority/pay rules bill.
DO YOU SWEAR TO TELL THE TRUTH? Senate President Brandon Shaffer has floated the idea of having witnesses swear in before they testify in committee, a proposal that’s been pushed for several years by a relative of former Gov. Bill Owens, Lynn Bartels of The Denver Post writes. The witness sign-up sheets posted in committee rooms would contain the following: “By signing below, I affirm that the testimony I will give before this committee will be truthful to the best of my knowledge in accordance with CRS 2-2-315 and CRS 18-8-502.” The GOP’s Nancy Spence: “I think it’s outrageous.”
ENTHUSIASTICALLY SUPPORTING THE POLITICAL PROCESS: Colorado public unions.
ALL IN A DAY’S WORK: Senator Evie Hudak sent this Tweet, “@SenHudak Just went to 2 receptions: CO Petroleum Assoc (w/ talk on “growing scientists”) & CO Conservation Community. How’s that 4 contrast?!#coleg”
ELECTION GUIDE ADVERTISING DEADLINE THIS WEEK: The 2012 Guide to Colorado Statehouse Elections will hit e-book shelves soon, so now’s the time to advertise. General advertising deadline — Friday. The guide covers candidates for election in 2012 to the Colorado House and Senate.
MOVING ON: Business property-tax bill.
STOPPED: Foreclosure bill.
STOPPED: Venture-capital bill.
NOW THAT THE BILL IS DEAD, what happens to “Foreclosure Action Week?”
WHO SAID ‘YOU ARE A LONELY, NASTY, GRUMPY EXCUSE FOR A HUMAN AND A WASTE OF SKIN’ Bankrupt Troubleshooter Tom Martino.
WE’RE HIRING! Circuit Media is looking for an account manager. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
HATS IN: Colorado Libertarians.
HAT IN: Steve Barton, HD-60.
CAN’T FIND HEAD FOR HAT: No Democrat running in CD-5.
FOLLOW YOUR FAVORITE LICENSE-PLATE BILL on State Bill’s “Plate Progress” report.
THE[NEWS]SEEN is looking for fun events to photograph. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBSCRIBERS: Get your election fix with our real-time election alerts. Go here and Filter: Subject > Elections
YESTERDAY’S BILL ROUNDUP FOR STATE BILL SUBSCRIBERS, COURTESY OUR VIRTUAL BILL BOX:
* Introduced bills
* Signed bills
* Bills acted upon
* New fiscal notes
* Bill amendments
* New bill versions
* Day’s archived audio
* Day’s archived video
HICKENLOOPER PUBLIC EVENTS
* 11:40 a.m. – remarks at Senior Day at the Capitol. Location: Old Supreme Court Chambers, State Capitol, Denver.
* 6:45 p.m. – joining Denver Mayor Michael B. Hancock in delivering remarks at the Visit Denver Tourism Hall of Fame Dinner. Location: Denver Center for the Performing Arts, Seawell Grand Ballroom, 1101 13th St., Denver.
TODAY’S SOCIAL CALENDAR:
* The Interwest Energy Alliance, 2012 Colorado Wind Energy Day Reception, 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., Uptown Tavern, 538 E. 17th Avenue, Denver, 80203 Contact : Brett Moore 303-900-8154 email@example.com
* Breakfast: Housing Colorado Day Under the Dome, 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m., The First Baptist Church, 14th & Sherman. Contact : Jesse Jensen 303-817-4956
* Colorado Farm Bureau Calling on the Capitol Steak Fry, 5:30 p.m. Social Hour Starts, 6:00 p.m. Steaks Come off of the Grill, Central Presbyterian Church, 1660 Sherman Street (north of the Capitol). Contact : Kashmira Mistry 303-749-7504
* Reception: NAIOP Colorado and the International Council of Shopping Centers Commercial Real Estate Day at the Capitol, 1:30p.m. to 4:30p.m., Old Supreme Court Chambers, The State Capitol, 200 East Colfax Avenue, Denver, Reception Following afterwards at the University Club, Contact : Erin Goff 303-860-1616 or 303-885-2121
* Breakfast: Vestas 2012 Colorado Wind Energy Day Joint Ag Committee Informational Hearing and Breakfast 8:00a.m. to 8:45a.m. House Committee Room 0107. Contact : Brett Moore 303-900-8154 firstname.lastname@example.org
70 DEGREES TODAY, but no rally on the West Steps. Some planner goofed big time.
Send tips for this column to email@example.com.